Please note that while we update this guide from time to time, we cannot guarantee compatibility as Anti-Virus software companies may make changes without informing us. The exclusion instructions below are provided by the Anti-Virus software companies, and as such, we cannot guarantee their functionality. Any anti-virus settings that are disabled during this process should be restored to their normal functionality once the exclusions have been set up.
NOTE: You will need the InterGuard security certificate to set the exclusion in CylanceProtect which can be downloaded by clicking here.
1) From the Cylance Dashboard, access Settings via the gear icon.
2) Select the Certificates tab. Click Add Certificate to open the Add Certificate window.
3) In the Add Certificate window, next to “Applies to (Optional)” check Executable.
- Click on browse for certificates to add the InterGuard security certificate which can be downloaded by clicking here.
4) Click Submit.
5) Next, you can add exceptions by going into Device Policy > Protection Settings > scroll until you see where you can add the following folder path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\randomfolder\ (this folder path is exclusive to your account)
- IMPORTANT: Ensure path ends with \ so it includes everything in the folder
6) Then temporarily disable Cylance by removing all the devices you will be installing InterGuard Software On. The devices will be added back and re-enabled at the end of the guide.
7) Download and install the InterGuard software from the InterGuard web interface under “Available Devices” or “Active Devices > All Devices” if you already have InterGuard installed on other devices.
9) Once InterGuard Software is installed on all machines and the machines are rebooted, you can add all of the devices back to re-enable Cylance.