Does InterGuard have on premise, private cloud, and cloud (SaaS) based options?
Yes, InterGuard is offered as a solution on our cloud or yours, including private cloud offerings in Amazon Web Services.
What operating systems are you compatible with?
InterGuard is compatible with Windows, Mac, Terminal Servers (VMWare Citrix), Chromebook, Android and iOS devices. Read more about InterGuard compatibility here.
Does InterGuard support virtual desktops & terminal servers?
Yes, InterGuard is a user based licensing solution that installs on the endpoint, or in this case the VDI or Terminal Server instance.
Can the solution monitor activities on smart phones?
Yes, InterGuard can monitor both Android and iOS devices. Read more about our smart phone compatibility and monitoring here.
Is the data encrypted both at rest and in transit?
Yes. InterGuard encrypts the recorded data locally on the endpoint and transmits this data to the server over a secure TLS connection.
How do I install/deploy the recorders on the endpoint machines?
There are 3 different ways to install the recorder. The most common ways to install are the following:
- Download the installer from https://login.interguardsoftware.com and install while on the target PC (requires physical or remote desktop access to install).
- Silently & remotely deploy the recorder to machines across the network. We provide a silent executable which can be deployed using either our tool (NetDeploy) or yours. Works on network or over VPN.
- Contact support for an installation file that you can send to the users you plan to monitor which will download the silent installer; the users will simply need to run the installer by double clicking on it.
What is the size of the client recorder file that is downloaded to the monitored computers?
The client recorder installer file is roughly 50MB in size.
How does InterGuard update when new versions are available?
We update our client recorder from time to time to provide new features and bug fixes. When a new version is available there are 2 ways to update:
Method #1 – Automatic Update
- After a new version of the InterGuard recorder is released, the update will be downloaded to the monitored computer automatically within 24 hours.
- A reboot of all monitored computers is required for the update to complete.
Method #2 – Manual Update
- A new version of the InterGuard recorder installer can be provided upon request by contacting support here
- After installing the updated version manually, a reboot is required to complete the update.
What if the software is still not updating successfully?
- Make sure the website domain where the automatic update file is downloaded from is whitelisted by any Antivirus, Firewall or IDS systems or the update file can be blocked from download. This domain is http://download.interguardsoftware.com
- Make sure monitored computers are rebooted. InterGuard requires each machine be rebooted to complete the update and to ensure the software does not interfere with the user’s open applications. This is also true for Virtual Desktops or Terminal Servers, the software will not update until the operating system is rebooted.
- If the software still does not update, a silent installer for the updated version can be provided by our support team to manually push to the endpoints to update them.
Why is data (log on/off, app data, websites, etc) sometimes delayed?
With InterGuard, data is recorded in near real time and cached locally on the monitored endpoint until it is ready to be uploaded to the server. If a monitored user shuts down their computer or closes the lid of their laptop (hibernation), the software will still record logoff events but cannot upload them immediately as the hard disk is in the process of shutting down and the machine is going offline. The same goes with other recorded data such as apps & websites that may have occurred immediately prior to the shutdown or hibernation. This data will begin to upload as soon as the computer is powered back on, connected to the internet and the monitored user is logged back in.NOTE: cached data will only upload when the specific monitored user is logged in. So, for example if John shuts down his machine and Sally logs into his computer next, any cached data from John’s session will remain in cache until John is able to log back in.
How does your software work with Anti-Virus?
InterGuard is designed to work with all major anti-virus solutions, however you may need to temporarily disable your anti-virus and set a folder exclusion during to ensure compatibility. Read more about antivirus compatibility here.
Does the monitoring solution provide advanced reporting and dashboard capability?
Yes our dashboard comes with 70 pre-configured reports in Chart View as well as dozens of configurable reports which can be scheduled and sent automatically via email to a list of recipients on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. You can check out the dashboard and automated report examples in our Test Drive or set up a Free Trial.
How do I uninstall InterGuard software?
There are 2 options to uninstall the InterGuard software:
- Remote uninstall: You can remotely push a silent uninstaller to a workstation that is available across your network or over VPN. Please contact our support team at [email protected] to request a remote uninstaller for your account.
- Manual uninstall: You can access the desktop physically, or through remote desktop access and proceed to uninstall the software. Please contact our support team at [email protected] so that a support agent can walk you through this process.
How do I install InterGuard Mobile Monitoring for Android software?
For InterGuard mobile monitoring for Android software the following installation options are available:
- Local Installation: If you have physical access to the target device, please login to your online account at login.interguardsoftware.com and follow the installation instructions to install our app on the target device.
- Remote Installation: Remote installation is done via Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- The devices must first be enrolled in an MDM solution.
- We will provide you an installation .apk file which will install the software agent and a configuration file that will provide the agent with the required details to register the license with the server.
- Using a function of the MDM solution, you can then deploy the installer with the config file to the enrolled devices.