Take the following steps on a Windows device where you plan to install the Interguard agent. For Malwarebytes, you will need to install the agent first, and then select and exclude the folder from scanning.
NOTE: While we update this guide from time to time, we cannot guarantee compatibility as Antivirus software companies may make changes without informing us. Any antivirus settings that you disable during this process should be re-enabled once the exclusions have been set up.
- First, find your Interguard antivirus exclusion folder.
Log in and go to the Admin | Company Account page. Note the Windows folder (unique to your installation) to exclude. You will exclude this folder for any antivirus program. Yours will be a random 7-character name. For this example, we’ll use:
- Before downloading the Agent, run a full scan on the endpoint device.
Open Malwarebytes and run a full Scan. Do this to make sure nothing else is causing problems. Quarantine and restart as directed.
- Turn OFF all Malwarebytes Real-Time Protections.
From the main Malwarebytes panel or from the system tray, click on each type of protection to disable it.
- Download and install the agent on this device.
In the Interguard app, select Admin | Download Agents and download the Windows “Silent Installer.” Run the *.exe file as Administrator, responding to the UAC prompt, if necessary.
- Press your hotkey sequence. Because the install is completely silent, after a few minutes, enter the hotkey sequence (found on Admin | Company Account page) to make sure the agent is installed. If the pasword prompt appears, you know it has been installed.
- Do NOT restart the computer!
You will make the exclusion before restarting.
- In Malwarebytes, select Detection: History > Allow List.
On the Allow List tab, click Add.
Select Allow a file or folder.
- Choose Select a folder.
Navigate to the folder displayed in your Company Account page and select the folder, for example:
Select Exclude from all detections and then press Done.
- The folder is now on the Allow List.
Return to the main Malwarebytes panel.
- Re-enable all Malwarebyte protections and run a scan.
Make sure the unique folder does not appear in quarantine.
- Try the hotkey sequence.
Make sure the Agent is still installed. For a silently installed agent, you should be prompted for your password.
Enter the account password and press OK to open the Status panel. All recording is OFF because the agent will not be recording until a licensed user is logs in.
- Restart the computer.
Return to Interguard. Find the computer in Admin | Endpoint Agents. When the user logs in, he or she will appear in Groups & Policies > Users. Once he or she is assigned to a licensed group, recording begins, and data is uploaded.