Please note that while we update this guide from time to time, we cannot guarantee compatibility as Anti-Virus software companies may make changes without informing us. The exclusion instructions below are provided by the Anti-Virus software companies, and as such, we cannot guarantee their functionality. Any anti-virus settings that are disabled during this process should be restored to their normal functionality once the exclusions have been set up.
1) Locate Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus software in the Windows 7 or Windows XP system tray; a green icon with a white check mark in it.
- Click on “Customize”
2) In the “Settings” Tab uncheck the box next to “Turn on real-time protection”, then hit “Save changes”. This setting will be re-enabled at the end of the installation process.
3) Download and install the InterGuard software from the InterGuard web interface under “Available Devices” or “Active Devices > All Devices” if you already have InterGuard installed on other devices.
- IMPORTANT: When prompted to reboot the computer un-check the box to select “no” so the computer does not reboot.
4) Return to Windows Defender and set the exclusion path located in the previous step.
- Click “Browse” and locate the folder from above.
- Click “Add” and paste the exclusion path
- Add your InterGuard exclusion folder path, which can be found in the InterGuard dashboard under Settings > Account Information > Paths to Exclude for Anti-virus software, or via the popup window after selecting to download the installer file.
- Click “Save Changes”
5) Reboot the computer and re-enable real-time protection to complete the installation.